Aims & Objectives
The aim of the proposed center is to move towards creating a capable and viable local construction sector, which is able to respond to the demands of sustainable infrastructure and housing development, through a rational and mutually agreeable strategic process. This center would help develop strategies that involve all stakeholders to deliver capital-intensive infrastructure as well as energy-efficient and low-cost housing facilities in a sustainable way
The Center’s objectives are to:
- Promote inter-connectivity and linkages between various stakeholders of the housing industry and built environment.
- Act as long-term node to ensure the continuity of efforts on sustainable basis.
- Enhancing capacity of academia and construction industry to undertake sustainable and green projects for the socio-economic and environmental well-being
- Develop methodologies for providing affordable housing, as well as to improve the livability and efficiency of future housing and sustainable built environment in Pakistan through development in materials/design/construction practice and technology integration.
- Improve quality and energy efficiency of building construction,
- Improve capacity of academic/research institutions to support industry competitiveness.
- Dissemination of information on affordable housing and sustainable built environment.